Prerequisite: EMDR part one (introductory) training, with some experience using EMDR with clients.
EMDR therapy is an evidence-based psychological therapy recommended by the International Society of traumatic Stress Studies (2019) for the treatment of PTSD in children, adolescents and adults. This training aims to provide participants with the knowledge and confidence to begin incorporating EMDR into their clinical work with children and adolescents. The presenter encourages participants to think flexibly and creatively about how to work with younger clients within an EMDR therapy framework. The training focuses on how to adapt language and techniques used in all phases of EMDR treatment to the child’s developmental age (0-4, 5-12, 13-18 years) and needs.
Trainees will be able to:
- Discuss theory underlying EMDR and evidence for its use with children.
- Provide children, adolescents, and parents a rationale for trauma-focused work and describe the procedures involved in EMDR therapy.
- Conceptualise simple and complex case presentations in an EMDR framework.
- Develop a treatment plan and integrate EMDR into a comprehensive childtreatment approach.
- Adjust each phase of EMDR to the developmental age and needs of the child.
- Understand the role of parents in EMDR therapy.
- Effectively use a Resource Development protocol and Cognitive Interweaves.
- Work with and treat preverbal trauma using an EMDR storytelling method.
Workshops – 2020
We are providing this workshop in an online version and a traditional face to face format. The online version has been developed while training therapists in both Holland and Germany. It is provided using Zoom for webinars which allows you to listen and watch the presenter, observe video clips of client work and interact with others in small group experiences. All you require is a suitable quiet place and device to focus on the presentation and a stable internet connection. We also employ facilitators who will work with you in your small groups. Further in order to ensure you get the best supervision we have limited the training ratio to one facilitator for every 6 participants.
Online version September 21-23 2020
Online version April 28-30 2021
Sydney (traditional face-to-face) June 16-18 2021
9 Missenden Road, Camperdown
EARLYBIRD Fee $920 for online version and $990 for traditional up to 4 weeks before date of workshop. STANDARD Fee $1,050 after that. GST included.
Dr Sarah Schubert is a Clinical Psychologist who sees children, adolescents, adults, and families. Sarah entered private practice 5 years ago. Prior to this she worked with complex mental health issues in Community treatment settings. Sarah is published in the area of trauma therapy and ADHD. Her PhD was in the area of EMDR for the treatment of PTSD. She has won national and international awards for her research of EMDR and PTSD. Sarah is an accredited EMDR trainer.