Pre-requisite Experience: Please note for this workshop participants need to have completed an EMDR Australia Accredited Part One (Introductory) training AND had experience with 4 clients or 12 sessions, or thereabouts. If in doubt, contact us
EMDR therapy is an evidence-based psychological therapy recommended by the International Society of traumatic Stress Studies (2019) for the treatment of PTSD in children, adolescents and adults. This training aims to provide participants with the knowledge and confidence to begin incorporating EMDR into their clinical work with children and adolescents. The presenter encourages participants to think flexibly and creatively about how to work with younger clients within an EMDR therapy framework. The training focuses on how to adapt language and techniques used in all phases of EMDR treatment to the child’s developmental age (0-4, 5-12, 13-18 years) and needs.
Trainees will be able to:
- Discuss theory underlying EMDR and evidence for its use with children.
- Provide children, adolescents, and parents a rationale for trauma-focused work and describe the procedures involved in EMDR therapy.
- Conceptualise simple and complex case presentations in an EMDR framework.
- Develop a treatment plan and integrate EMDR into a comprehensive childtreatment approach.
- Adjust each phase of EMDR to the developmental age and needs of the child.
- Understand the role of parents in EMDR therapy.
- Effectively use a Resource Development protocol and Cognitive Interweaves.
- Work with and treat preverbal trauma using an EMDR storytelling method.
We are generally providing this workshop in a face to face format. At times we also offer this in a live online version.
The online versions are provided using Zoom for webinars. In this format we employ extra facilitators for the small group work to ensure you get the best supervision. In the online version we aim for a training ratio to one facilitator for every 6 participants.
Sydney July 25-27 2022
9 Missenden Road, Camperdown
Perth September 14-16 2022
200 The Boulevard, Wembley Downs
EARLYBIRD Fee $1050 up to 4 weeks before date of workshop. STANDARD Fee $1,100 after that. GST included.
Dr Sarah Schubert is a Clinical Psychologist who sees children, adolescents, adults, and families. Sarah entered private practice 5 years ago. Prior to this she worked with complex mental health issues in Community treatment settings. Sarah is published in the area of trauma therapy and ADHD. Her PhD was in the area of EMDR for the treatment of PTSD. She has won national and international awards for her research of EMDR and PTSD. Sarah is an accredited EMDR trainer.